Dance Awake is a conscious dance modality set to a wave of multi-genre music. The music is the muse to encourage the ability to move with all things and discover new movement.
The Monk’s Question is a Dance Awake Class. The invitation is to give yourself an hour and fifteen minutes of uninterrupted dance time! In the beginning think of any question, challenge, or situation currently alive in your life. Something that you are wanting more clarity with.
The beginning of the mix is slow. Begin to slowly move and bring to mind the question or situation. Explore movement in the body that expresses it. Find shapes, gestures, forms, movements, anything! Repeat it over a few times. Use your fingers, toes, legs, arms, eyes, spine, shoulders, hips and every other part of your body. Move with it.
As the music gets going, simply let your body move in any way. Follow the guidelines of Dance Awake.
At the end, when the music slows down again, invite your body to move with the answer, insight, and clarity. Listen for the insight as your body shares it’s wisdom.
Please share your experience in the comments below! It would be amazing to hear! Enjoy!
Would you like to explore more? You are most welcome!
Hundred's of Classes, courses, workshops and practices available online through the Awake Human Being Academy!
Login or Sign Up (for all access) or You Can also Pay as you Go!
- 21 Day Dance Awake ChallengeEver been curious about conscious dance/mindful movement and wanted to experience how a regular practice will enrich your life? Why not take the 21 Day Dance Awake Challenge. A guided daily 15 min practice of guided conscious dance practice daily for 21 days? Regular Conscious Dance is incredibly good for you physically, mentally, emotionally and… Read more: 21 Day Dance Awake Challenge
- The Monk’s Question: A Dance Awake enquiry tapping the body’s wisdomDance Awake is a conscious dance modality set to a wave of multi-genre music. The music is the muse to encourage the ability to move with all things and discover new movement. The Monk’s Question is a Dance Awake Class. The invitation is to give yourself an hour and fifteen minutes of uninterrupted dance… Read more: The Monk’s Question: A Dance Awake enquiry tapping the body’s wisdom
- The Origin Story of Awake Human BeingA visit to the Ashram The birth of Awake Human took place during a visit to my teacher’s ashram in Rikhia, India at the end of 2017. At that stage I had already been teaching regular conscious dance classes in Cape Town for some years. My Integral Yoga teaching had led me inside prisons in… Read more: The Origin Story of Awake Human Being
- The Five SheathsThe five sheaths represents a map of dimensions of the human body or personality. The Five sheaths are the physical, vital, mental, psychic and subtle. By bringing attention to each sheath with these practices our awareness of each of the dimension expands. We gain greater understanding of who and what we are, and how we… Read more: The Five Sheaths
- The Gift of RelaxationStress and Anxiety The world of humans is facing great uncertainty and the future is unclear. The mind has a tendency to take all the information it knows, has read, or remembers, to pop out scenarios and probabilities. A futile attempt to feel safe and in control of the situation. The poor body however, cannot… Read more: The Gift of Relaxation
- The Toilet Paper AlternativeToo Much Information The amount of information both fake and true, the speculation, the scenarios, best case, worse case, the hype, the hysteria, the panic, the uncertainty. Great food for our minds to gorge upon. And from what I see around me, every one is feeding deeply off this all you can eat bottomless buffet.… Read more: The Toilet Paper Alternative