DANCE AWAKE | THURSDAY’S IN CLAREMONT
WE are hopefully starting up these classes again from 15 October!!!
Brian Bergman (@awakehumanbeing) holds Dance Awake drop-in classes at Claremont Civic Centre every Thursday from 18.30-20.30.
WHAT IS DANCE AWAKE?
dance awake / conscious dance / mindful movement / moving meditation
Dance Awake is a conscious dance practice of exploring all the dimensions of one’s own being. Through movement we access our own inner wisdom. It is a practice that supports physical, mental, and emotional well being. Each practice is supported by a wave of great music, simple guidelines and open-ended facilitation.
For more information on Dance Awake and Conscious dance read this: How to Drop into a Conscious Dance Class.
No previous dance experience is needed: EveryBody is welcome.
Dancing with your eyes open or closed
Don't speak with words but through dance
Respect each other and the space
RATES FOR DROP-INS
• R120 Supporter Ticket (Helping us grow the community by enabling concessions)
• R100 Standard Entry
• R60 Students/Concessions
CLASS CARDS FOR REGULAR DANCERS
• UNLIMITED CARD: R500/month gives you access to all Tuesday (Dance Awake with Yanna, same time and place) and Thursday dances at a huge discount. For regular enthusiasts who’ve made dance their practice!
• LOYALTY CARD: Collect 9 stamps and get your 10th class free. These will expire after 3 months and cannot be used together with Unlimited cards.
• Please wear comfy clothes and bring water to stay hydrated.
• Please bring food for the altar (eg fruit, nuts, chocolate). We envision sharing snacks and chats after the dance, for grounding and connecting before the drive home.
Brian plays multi-genre music that makes your body want to move. He regularly posts his mixes on Mixcloud. if you are curious to listen: https://www.mixcloud.com/AwakeHumanBeing/
No drugs, alcohol, photography, cell phones or the use of recording devices are permitted.
People who do not respect fellow dancers and the space will be asked to leave.
ONLINE PRACTICES AND RESOURCES
Check out Brian’s website for online practices and information on a variety of conscious dance topics to keep you inspired and moving. www.awakehumanbeing.com