Awake Human Being Academy (AHBA) offers a system of practices that enable a daily exploration of your life. As it is. And teaches how to move with it gracefully. Encouraging a curious exploration the human condition and our place in this world. Without judgment or suppression. Everything moving in our lives is welcome and is the springboard for the journey home.
Discover empowering tools and practices that support the unfolding of your life into its full creative potential. It will help you to align you with your true nature and with all nature.
We are not concerned with what you do, your social status, sexual orientation, or religious affiliation. We are not interested if you are rich or poor, happy or sad, beautiful or ugly. The AHBA works on the precept that before any label we are human. It is our common humanity and our place in the natural order that we explore here. This is what the practices are based on. Everybody is welcome.
Whatever state of being you currently find yourself in, the challenges you face, or your predicament may be. The practices will help you to discover the inner resource and knowledge required for you to move with it all. In a relaxed, focused and creative way.
An oak tree is contained in the acorn. Under the right conditions the seed becomes a tree. Human beings are born with the same potential. We have everything needed to grow into our full potential. The academy simply encourages this growth. Here we provide the right conditions. Enabling a human to discover and grow into their full potential being and to create with it. The academy supports people in establishing a meaningful, purposeful connection to their life and relationship with the rest of the world.
Who is the Academy for?
- Have you ever wondered or become curious as to your true nature? Asked yourself, "Who am I?"
- Are you curious about your life or want to explore it more deeply?
- Are you looking for a fun and creative way to help keep you physically fit?
- Are you looking for tools that help provide you with more mental stability and emotional wellbeing?
- Do you feel disconnected, lost, hopeless, depressed, or blocked creatively?
- Do you sometimes think your life has come off the tracks or is simply moving too fast?
- Are you are moving through challenging times and need a place that gives you the
space to look, process, move and create from?
- Do you find it difficult to process your experience by thinking about it?
- Are you looking for a way to explore being a human through various dimensions of experience?
If you answer yes to any of the above then the AHBA is the place for you!
Human Beings are multifaceted in nature. We are able to interact through many dimensions of awareness. The Awake Human Being offers a system of integral education. It aim’s to integrate all aspects of our human nature.
Through practices of:
- Conscious dance (Dance Awake)
- Mindful movement
- Breath work
- Deep relaxation
- Action and service.
We do not teach any dogma or philosophy, rather provide methods that awaken our own inner knowledge and wisdom through direct experience. It is therefore self empowering.
The effect of regular practice
Your life, relationships and interactions will benefit.
- From your deepening presence.
- Becoming more awake and responsive.
- Functioning with an expanded awareness and a deeper sensitivity.
- Able to respond appropriately to your inner and outer environments.
- Better able to cope with stress and challenges.
- Breaking out of old patterns and conditioned ways of being.
- A sharpened ability to listen to the space and hear what action is required for you to be of genuine service.
- Not only will you be able to better cope with your life but you will bring increased creative energy to it.
- You will feel physically healthier and fitter and more co-ordinated.
- Your emotions will feel less overwhelming and balanced. Yet at the same time your capacity to hold extremes of feeling without losing your balance will increase.
- Your intuition will become sharper.
- You will find yourself moving with more grace with everything your life throws at you.
- Discover hidden and unknown aspects of your nature.
- Enriching dimensions and aspects of your life will begin to reveal themselves filling you with renewed purpose and vision.
- You will feel more in touch, in tune and connected.
- You will feel more alive!
A little time each day
All that is required is a little time each day between 10 minutes and an hour to engage in practice. It is a special time in a day that you dedicate fully into self exploration. With this regularity your will cultivate the experience of expanded awareness. Creative movements start to flow more freely. This will spill over into the rest of your day and life.
The academy practice material unfolds in Seasons. A Season contains 6 modules that represents a year of practice. The first module is available on signup and subsequent modules will be released every 8 weeks following sign up. Depending on your membership level you will have access to some or all of the content available in each module.
A module is released every 8 weeks from when you sign up. The modules provide practices that you can do on a regular basis guiding you progressively over the 8 week period deeper into the content. From 45 minute dances to quick 10 minute explorations each day you will be able to find a practice that helps you explore yourself. You can complete the whole module or just take on some of the material.
Each module contains a Study Guide which gives a suggested syllabus to cover over the 8 week period.
Each module is made up an instalment of the following courses. Click here for a description of each course.
The Dance Awake Component
- Living Room Dances
- Body Awareness
- Elemental Awareness
The Awake Human Being Component
- Movement Expeditions
- Breathe Easy
- Deep Relaxation
- Meditation & Mindfulness
They also contain various extra content, resources, occasional additional courses and inspiration as well as practice map ideas based on the time you have available to explore yourself.