THE PATH OF THE FACILITATOR
If you have felt the tremendous benefits that conscious dance offers as a practice, have a love for music as a medicine, and a passion for mindful movement as a modality then this course is for you!
The Dance Awake facilitator training course will equip you with the skills, knowledge and experience necessary to hold a great Dance Awake conscious dance drop in class space.
Training Facilitated by Brian Bergman (Founder of Dance Awake).
Dance Awake is an in depth conscious dance practice. A journey of exploring what it is to be human. Through embodied mindful movement we cultivate and expand our awareness of this present moment. What we discover is that our body is composed of complex layers of experience. A composite of physical, mental, energetic, psychic and subtle energy with an infinity beyond. We discover that we are so much more than what we think! We are part of an intricate infinite life tapestry and Dance Awake is a practice that opens us to the conversation with it.
Regular practice leads us to discover and access a wealth of inner resources and hidden potential. These resources help us move with more grace in life. Dance Awake keeps us moving through our life challenges. It provides us a means to process hard times, harness creativity and relate to our life in a rich, deep and meaningful way. Do you want to go more deeply into the path of conscious dance? Making it more than just a practice but a lifestyle to use in all movements in life? You can. The Dance Awake Facilitator training is available online.
The course will firstly take you on a personal journey, using conscious dance as the tool to deepen your own insight and experience with the practice.
It aims to equip you with all the knowledge and skills necessary to hold a high quality conscious dance class. To embark on this training is to walk a path that will further awaken your own being, bringing out your own hidden potential and resources. In learning about yourself, discovering your strengths, pushing your edges and perhaps overcome personal limitations you become a better facilitator. What you have touched in your own being, you can authentically share with others.
Studying Dance Awake takes it beyond it just being a practice you teach. It becomes a lifestyle that helps you in all of life’s movements.
- There is a big practical component that involves a lot of daily dancing.
- The dancing is mostly in the form of guided practices that brings the theory to life.
- You will also dive deeply into the world of music as you begin to listen to and curate music to use in your playlists.
- The modules are made up of written notes, and audio and video lectures.
- The topics include the practical philosophy of conscious dance, class structure, facilitation, movement, music, equipment, DJ skills, and the priceless gems I’ve distilled from having having taught Dance Awake for the past 12 years.
- It breaks the content up into 120 days.
- Each day consists of a practice and some theory.
- 7 quiz days are spread out to help you review what you have learnt.
- Most days require between 20 and 60 minutes of time.
- Each day let’s you know the following days time commitment so you can plan accordingly.
- On some days we dive into a longer dance practice.
- You choose how many days a week you will commit to this course.4 days a week means you will take 7 months. 5 days a week will take 6 months.
- There is no time limit as such but to build momentum 4 days a week is recommended.
- Included in the course are 2 check in zoom calls with Brian. (Additional mentoring calls can also be arranged @ $50 per hour)
- The course culminates in putting together and teaching a Dance Awake class. Once we debrief you are qualified as a Dance Awake Facilitator.
- The course fee includes access to the Awake Human Being Academy and a whole lot of additional practices and resources that complement the course material.
- A Facilitator Trainee Online Forum to share and discuss topics with other people on the course.
Cost: $500 USD - (flexible payment options available on request)
Upon completion of this course you will have in depth knowledge of conscious dance, confidently teach drop in Dance Awake conscious dance classes, operate DJ software, and mix professionally, as well as be able to integrate Dance Awake as a modality into your other offerings you may already be teaching.
If you are interested in booking on the course please contact Brian: email@example.com
Continuing education and further development of knowledge and experience available through continued subscription to the Academy as well as ongoing mentorship with Brian. Option to list on the danceawake.org website for active facilitators.
- The Facilitator
- Holding space
- The Basic Class Structure
- Body Awareness
- Breath Awareness
Maps and Paradigms
- 5 Sheaths of Awareness
- About Digital Music
- The simplest way to play music in a Class.
- The Great Way
- Using words
- 5 Primary Movements
Maps and Paradigms
- The Five Elements
- Creating with music, Soundscapes, Lyrics vs No Lyrics, The Element of Nostalgia, Equipment
- The Art of DJ’ng - DJ software, basics of mixing
- Tree of Life
- On New Moves
- Movement Models
Maps and Paradigms
- Modes of Dance
- On Equipment
- The Art of DJ’ng - part 2
- Awareness Awareness Awareness
- Service to the space
- Additional Drop in Class Practices
- Focusing Practices
- During the Dance
- After the Dance
Maps and Paradigms
- Other map and theme ideas.
- DJ Mixing continued
- Creating Contrast